I feel like no one around me understands

Pulled out? What do you mean? Would love to chat with you over it. Please call me at 713 443 9948

Thank you TLMF.
If you find any videos that you like then please share them in a new thread. I was looking yesterday and found a bunch of “new to me” resources that hadn’t been there before.

1 Like

Hi Crashw1! I wasn’t able to do my job so the dr’s pulled me out of work again. It was really hard to deal with.

Call me please 713 443 9948. Would love to ask you about a dozen questions pertaining to your experiences. Thanks.

TLMF, "Oh, I understand for I know where you’re coming from. I have brain injuries to my brain. First brain injury happen when I was seven years old, my brother hit me on top of the head with a 2X4 with nails intact. I lost majority of my childhood memories and only remembered the bad memories. Laid in a coma from this brain injury for three months. The second brain injury to my brain is when I lived in domestic violence and the man I was married to beaten causing another brain injury. Due to these brain injuries I now live with racing thoughts, like my brain never slows down…I wish many times that I could live just a normal life among people who accepts me. I speak to fast and the words come our of my mouth before I think. I do understand.

Hi TLMF, The work thing is tough, I got hurt a long time ago but at the time I owned two construction companys and now I work part time because that’s all I can handle. To me its not a matter of intelagence given the time I or we can process anything, its being in the working envirement and not being able to trust our minds or thoughts, or dealing with the intake and processing of information at the speed of others. On a good day I am thankful for my family and what I have left but most days I hate myself and feel like I should try harder but when I do reality smacks me in the face. If you get to the point were you feel you cant work, remember this is not your fault, you didn’t ask for this. We find pride in ourselves thru accomplishments that usually come from work. That said I don’t know the answer, just know that I feel your pain. People have said find peace in this but I don’t know how to give up and thats were my struggle lies. I wish you the best of luck, some people after TBI are able to start a new career or go back to there original job and I hope that’s the case with you.

1 Like

thats true, nobody has a clue about what one of thes is like. This is why the shirt I make for people is so popular. TBI … you only know it if you live it

1 Like

I believe that if we focus on what we can do instead of what we could or cannot do. This will help us to move on in life.

I have thought like this and am focusing more on the positives. There are a load what I cannot do it is enough to depress me. But what I can do a little at a time doing different experiences will help with forfillment.

I believe there are a lot of non Tbi who have got simular struggles in life.

1 Like

I most definitely agree Danielle, often if we keep looking at what we have lost we loose the ability to focus on what we can do and I also agree that lots of non TBIers do have similar struggles. I know for me it’s not so much that I can’t, but it’s more that I used to be able to do these things, for some non TBIers I’m not sure they ever could. That inability seems to become a constant reminder, so although I try to move on and not focus on before/after, that reminder becomes the obstacle.

Merl

I see where you are coming from Merl, I couldn’t remember about my personality before the accident as I was 8 years old.

My initial injury was as a child and although I can remember the accident, being a young child my personality wasn’t set and I can’t remember it either. But the incidents since then I am well aware of. Also I pushed my abilities after each subsequent injury and for the first few I recovered somewhat, but the last 2 really screwed me over. I attempted to push through these as well, but that was a bad idea. My thoughts were “Well I could before, so I can again” But I couldn’t and the fact I couldn’t really did my head in (no pun intended).

I have learnt that although the mind may be willing, if the ability isn’t there anymore pushing self is not going to help. In fact it can make the journey harder than it needs to be. I have to listen to my body because it tells me “slow down or I’ll put you down” and it does and if I don’t listen ohh it puts me down HARD.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

This makes clearer sense the way you are explaining things. As it was along time ago some times I get confused about why are my struggles because of life or the Tbi playing a role. It was mainly frontal lobe damage.

I have been told that it recovers fully by none Tbi’s. To be honest although I am aware that of others struggles. It feels like I struggle alone or am the worst case going like ever in history.

Are these feelings supposed to be?.

Relationships is another one that can be a challenge. Am I the only one who has got these difficulties like with a bf or gf?. Oh dear me.

I am living with my partner. He is kind to me mainly, he calls me complex most of the time. Just for me to make life simple. But the thing is I have no idea what he means. I asked him a few times already with no clear answer.

I do have best intentions but can see that he gets away with a lot more. I feel at a lost with him some times.

…’slow down or I will put you down.’ LoL Merle,that really begins to ring true as you get older after a TBI. It gets hard to tell, ‘was this because of the Tbi, or just getting old?’

I get yelled at.and told.i must be drinking now have a breathalyzer.

Hey Wolfie,
Welocme to Ben’s Friends.

By whom? An employer? A family member?

Merl