Bulging eye pain

I am now three and a half years post TBI. I have had pain behind my left eye for months . I was treated for a sty and pink eye the infection cleared up fully but the pain and pressure continue. It feels like my eye is bulging out of its socket. I saw another Ophthalmologist and he diagnosed me with Retinal Vein Occlusion and I'm scheduled for and MRI next week. I was told that this could be caused by a tumor or a blood clot. I have been screened for every possible other cause of the bulging pain and the test are negative. And yes my eye is actually bulging not perceptive to the naked eye but the DR measured and it really is. I am so scared. I thought that I had been through the worst and have learned to live with the sight I have lost - left peripheral in both eyes and the burning tingling pain of Neuropathy.. Has anyone been through this? Any words of wisdom on this subject will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Onemom,
I too have eye pain but I have been to see an ophthalmologist and been told my pain I not the actual eye but may be caused by scar tissue within the brain due to the surgeries I have had, which is a bit different to your situation.
Now I want to say I am by no means trying to minimise your concern, Christ knows my stress levels absolutely skyrocket when I’ve been told I need scans or tests to confirm or deny a diagnosis BUT the reality I have found is that by me stressing out over an examination that is required only exacerbates the problem. It is so much better/easier for me to wait, get some sort of concrete diagnosis, then have a conversation regarding treatments available than for my stressed out mental state to inevitably take me to a “Worst case scenario”. The dr’s have a professional obligation to inform you of the “Worst case scenario” and I totally and completely understand why (Even if I’m a absolute mess knowing the “Worst case scenario”.) But the reality of it is that there is nothing, zero, zilch me or anybody else can do until that concrete diagnosis is established. So by me going a hundred steps ahead to the “Worst case scenario”, I’m actually doing myself more harm than good. And here comes that awful word… …I have to ACCEPT that it is all out of my control until I have that diagnosis.

Jeez, I make that sound just so simple. IT AIN’T THAT SIMPLE!!!
Now, I am NOT a religious man, not at all. But many years ago I was taught the serenity prayer.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Can I do anything about it? If the answers yes, then do it. BUT if the answers No, then I have to accept that too. And to a control freak like me accepting that I have no control over some of these things is MASSIVE/HUGE/ENORMOUS block to overcome, but its a reality I cannot change. The control is not mine and I have to leave it in the hands of the dr’s.
I hope it helps and please do let us know how you get on.
Merl
(DOH: I’ve just noticed this post is 2 months old. My bad)

Hi there, Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have had my MRI and there was no blood clot, no tumor, all a relief. Worry is no good for anyone!The Dr.s have no idea what caused the Occlusion I just need to keep monitoring it. I was prescribed Amitriptyline for it, but it has made me very ill, although it did completely stop the pain. Once this med is out of my system I will be trying another drug in this class with less side effects. Once again thanks for checking in with me. Have a great day!