Cbd oil good/bad?

I just read some stuff from NIH about CBD oil on TBI and the benefits of lowered anxiety - calming of the brain. Does anyone with tbi have experience of benefits from CBD and if so dosing etc.

I have had great luck with itā€¦I make my own oils, and vape itā€¦There is alot to learn about itā€¦It works even better with small amounts of thcā€¦I got my MM card 5 years ago, my life is better over all, I now get sleep and no night terrors, and my PTSD is under controlā€¦I am off a anti-siezure, and my migraine medsā€¦It isnt cheap, so I find cooking and making my own CBDs saves me money in the long run.

1 Like

Hey John,
Iā€™ve been using MM for many years and a bit like davOD making my own oil. The issue with my own oil is that itā€™s a whole plant oil and not specifically CBD. Here in Australia we now have ā€˜someā€™ medical access. I say ā€˜someā€™ as the costs of getting the approvals and the cost of the ā€˜approved medicationā€™ as absolutely exorbitant. Costs have reduced but initially the costs were around $1000 for the approvals and the first prescription. The script was for 5grams for $200 :astonished:. The benefit of this is that the oil and flos (flower) have % of components listed. I started with a pure cbd oil but for me the benefit was small. Next was a combination THC/CBD mix oil, for which there was a benefit but it was limited. The dr then prescribed a THC oil plus a THC/CBD flos in combination and so far this has given me the greatest benefit.

As for dosages, this can vary quite a bit depending on the quantities of active ingredient and the benefit and impact on the patient for each concoction. For some people the oil or flower alone can give the best benefit, it really can be a very individual thing.

One of the biggest benefits for me personally has been a HUGE reduction in the pharmaceuticals.

Merl

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for relief from anxiety and calming of my brain. I started taking Ritalin 2 years ago after 28 yrs of telling doctors no. But I really need it now although itā€™s bad for anxiety. Initially Iā€™m against thc cause it fogs my thinking and I do what ever I can for clarity. Thanks for your input really appreciated,
I saw a cdb store and went in to talk to them, were do you buy your oils and how do I know if Iā€™m getting quality oil?

Some good questions not easy to answer as we all are a little different!
CBDs are good for anxietyā€¦As for thcā€¦One of the unique qualities of CBDs, is the ā€œhighā€ " fogginess" ā€œparanoiaā€ you get from thc is removed or reducedā€¦If one were to get to ā€œhighā€, one of the easiest ways is using CBD to reduce the uncomfortable feeling.

When you add small amounts of THC you get the entourage effectā€¦Which makes the CBDs effect strongerā€¦
The CBD strain I use has a ratio of 18/1 to 23/1ā€¦Thats the CBD to THC ratio as you see it is very little THCā€¦Hemp is where CBD comes from, its actually Marijuana, but because the THC is lower than .03%ā€¦Same plant, name changes because of the THC content.

I think the hardest thing is to find good quality CBDā€¦So many have jumped on the band wagonā€¦Maybe someone has a fave?..I met the owner of Source CBD, he is straight forward and a local guyā€¦Never tried it.

I use my medical marijuana strain called AC/DC, I decarb it, then infuse my own oilsā€¦I can cook with itā€¦I have made tinctures, you name itā€¦I have made oils with Walnut, Almond,Cocanut,Avocado,ā€¦

Thanks a lot Davo, thatā€™s is good info Iā€™m just going to try a month supply of the cdb with low thc and see what happens. Canā€™t get worse lol

1 Like

CBD assists some epilepsy sufferers. It seems to calm the electrical system in the brain
A common high CBD medical strain is one called Charlotteā€™s Web, named after a young girl with epilepsy who received a huge benefit from CBD.

The difference between marijuana and cannabis is none. Hemp is actually the fibre. Hemp does contain CBD but minimal THC. Cannabis is the genus (plant) name and marijuana is the Mexican name.
A bit of history:-
Hemp fibre was needed during the war to make ropes and sacks from. It was an important product grown by U.S. farmers. In the early 1930ā€™s Du Pont came up with a fibre called Nylon to make ropes, but people much preferred the natural fibre to the synthetic. Du Pont petitioned the govt and what is now the DEA. At the time the head of the DEA was Harry Anslinger. Violence had been a big issue, hence the Alcohol Prohibition. They then tried to blame the violence on immigrants, like the Mexicans. Anslinger couldnā€™t go against hemp, hemp was an important agricultural fibre. So Anslinger went after the Mexicans and their evil drug Marijuana. It was the Marijuana that was the problem. The U.S. government went to the UN with a proposal which after many years has now become known as the Single convention on Narcotic Drugs. And thatā€™s how it became illegal around the world.

John, it really can be a case of mixā€™nā€™match to what works best for each individual. There are a myriad of strains with varying levels of differing cannabinoids, THC and CBD are only 2 of the many cannabinoids. So, finding ā€˜yourā€™ strain can take some time. I personally have found it of great assistance in reducing my painkiller intake. Some people have labelled it a miracle drug, I certainly wouldnā€™t take it that far. Has it assisted me? Yes. Does it assist others? Yes. But there is no guarantee that anybody else will receive the same benefit nor at the same levels.

Hope it Helps
Merl

1 Like

Thanks a lot Meri, Iā€™ll let you know how things work out

2 Likes

Please do. I want to know how others get on with it.
But please start slow/small at first and if you want, increase from there. Some people can have some chronic paranoia by going too hard, too fast. I have found less is best for me personally, for pain management.

Merl

1 Like

Make sure at some point that you follow up so others can see if it has helped you at allā€¦Im sure many will find it helpful!

I will Iā€™m going to try upping my exercise and cutting back on my Ritalin for a few weeks first. But thanks for the info and I will update once I start

1 Like

John, Just a word of warning.
Please consult your dr when altering recommended medications.
Some meds can have some nasty side effects, especially when they are taken in combination with other meds. For example, Ritalin is considered an ā€˜upperā€™, where THC is considered a ā€˜downerā€™ these two opposites can fight against each other, this can sometimes cause heart palpitations. Now, if you were also taking heart meds or had a heart condition this could be catastrophic.
You REALLY do need to consult your dr, just to play it safe. Some may say Iā€™m being over cautious but Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry.

Merl

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

I cannot stand my brain, I use CBD and it does calm it down, I have terrible anxiety and when I take it, I become quite calm and sometimes I do feel a little sedated.

I use Charlotteā€™s Web and find that the best for me.

2 Likes