Embarrassed

Earlier today I got very frustrated over something that I shouldn’t have. Now I am calm so am feeling very embarrassed. :frowning:

I used to get frustrated all the time and go on tirades. My dad would say, ‘he’s gonna blow’. But that was twenty years ago and I kind of distanced myself from these negative comments and I have broke ties with my father.

Hey Danielle,
Many years ago I was shown a prayer (BTW I’m NOT at all religious) but I still use the contents of it today. “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference” The things I cannot change is other people, they may annoy me BUT that is on me. The things I can change, well, there’s only one, and again, that’s me. And the wisdom well that comes from within. For me often my frustration comes from me, I’m frustrated that I can’t do things that used to be 2nd nature and I tend to focus that frustration inwardly, which can be very destructive. For me identifying where the issue lies assists me to manage ‘most’ situations, rather than, as ‘Maltman’ puts it ‘blowing up’ at others and then having to deal with the embarrassment. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not always successful, but I do try.

Merl

Thank you Merl and Maltman, I will try that prayer. It isn’t worth all the agro. I will change the routine as a certain type of people get to me some times.

Have a great day.

Phew… I thought people annoyed me on purpose. When really not all get along. I will keep ignoring negative people.

Yes, in our situation it is best…walking away, ignoring, chant, breath…what ever it takes!..You are in charge and you are Number ONE!..and please dont forget it!..Life is hard, and I hate when I make things harder on myself…

2 Likes