No end in sight

Hey there, johnbarryy. I’m answering for Merl because he and his wife are away on a very-much-deserved holiday. I agree with you about hoping things get sorted out soon. We just get something worked out and then there’s a glitch. Fix that, and there’s another. ONE day we will get it right. Meanwhile, I promise you, we are working on it.

What’s new with you in OOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plain? (I’ve seen way too many musicals!) Were you affected by hurricane Florence at all? I know you weren’t in the thick of it, you are way far away, but sometimes the weather effects can be felt a long way off. I did see that some of your emergency responders headed out east to help. That’s nice.

All the best to you. Merl will be back before too long.

Seenie

Gosh, thanks MoD for the news about Mr Merl. Things seem ok for me here in ‘oklaDAMhoma’, we are far enough West of Hurricane Florence that we only got a pleasant change in weather which is common for this time of year. I’ll look forward to hearing from Merl again soon but until then I’ll be content talking to MoD. MoD, take care and keep in touch

Hey Johnbarry,
Apologies for not responding sooner, but as Seenie wrote the wife and I have been away, actually in the UK. Colchester primarily but spent some time in London as well. We had an excellent time, but ohh man, I’m paying for it now. People talk of ‘jetlag’ but this isn’t just ‘lag’ this is more “Jet ‘suck-it-right-outta-of ya’ lag”. I’m beyond tired, even beyond exhausted.
I’ve been informed that the techy team are working on the chat platform and I’ve made it very clear that we need the chat platform back ASAP. But, again as Seenie has said, the changes in server has thrown up a whole host of issues they are trying to remedy. We have also had a cyber attack, with people being directed to XXX sites and this takes priority over a chat platform. So presently the boards are about the only way for us to communicate, but I can’t wait for chat issues to be resolved either.

Hope all is well on your side of the world.

Merl