Need support

This is the first time I have ever blogged or anything like this. I am not a facebook person so please excuse me if it seems I don't know what I'm doing because I don't. My sons psychiatrist suggested I try a support group so I figured I would try online. My son, who was 19 at the time, was in a very serious head on collision. He was with several friends and they were on their way to have a fun evening when they were struck head on by a young girl, who, for no apparent reason, crossed the center line and struck them. He spent 4 weeks in shock trauma ICU before being moved to a rehab facility. He spent the next 5 months learning how to do every thing over again. His brain injury was so severe they really didn't give us much hope that he would survive. Although he has surpassed every ones expectations we were left with some one we didn't really know anymore. He is able to do everyday tasks like shower, brush his teeth, get dressed, etc. but the frontal lobe of his brain in basically mush and this causes him to act out emotionally and physically. There are days, even after 15 years, that I just cry and cry. He cannot get past what has happened to him and so he is very angry and also very depressed. He hasn't been able to keep a job, and is socially unaccepted by most people. Family support was great in the beginning but we have very little now. I have tried other support groups before but it seems none of them address the issues that me and my husband face every day. He is so hard to live with but I know that if we didn't have him with us he would be on the streets, dead, or in the criminal justice system. So here I am almost 60 years old and have no life to speak of and nothing really to look forward to. I know I must sound like a horrible parent but I am at my wits end and wonder if any one else out there is in my situation. Please let me know if you are.

Hi my heart really truly goes out to you. I am the brain injured one. Have many symptoms that I cant even be up without feeling awful, but my frontal lobe was not effected like acting out ect... like your son. I will say prayers for you and your family.. I hope you can get services where you can get out a little.. I hope you can meet more people in the same situation.. It must be very hard..Take care