My name is Roland Valdes. I am a doctoral student at Northcentral University in Arizona. I am conducting a research study about discrimination that people with TBI encounter when they attempt to enter or reenter the workforce. I am completing this research as part of my doctoral degree. I invite you to participate.
If you participate in this research, you will be asked to:
- Sign and return consent form
- Pre‐screening questionnaire, five minutes
- Face‐to‐Face or internet interview, about 30 minutes.
- Possible follow‐up interview, about 10 minutes
You are eligible to participate in this research if:
- You have a history of moderate to severe traumatic brain injury.
- You have been in a coma for over one day because of the injury.
- Your traumatic brain injury must have occurred over one year prior to the commencement of participation in the study.
- You are not intellectually disabled and must have an IQ in the normal range or above (90 +).
- You must be able to consent to participation, and thus cannot have a legal guardian or conservator.
- You must be over the age of 18, under age 65.
- You must have attempted to seek employment or return to previous employment.
You are not eligible to participate in this research if you do not meet the requirements noted above. I hope to include eight participants in this research. In addition, in order to participate you also cannot
currently have (or recently had within the last 3 months) thoughts of suicide or homicide or have been diagnosed with a bipolar or psychotic disorder.
Risks: There is a minimal risk, which means probability and magnitude of harm or discomfort anticipated in the research are not greater in and of themselves than those ordinarily encountered in daily life or during the performance of routine physical or psychological examinations or tests, to participants in this study. If you have questions for me, you can contact me at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■, Phone: 713-■■■■■■■■. Your participation would be a gratefully appreciated event.